Got my film back, it looks alright, I might have to transfer it over to Dv again.

I watched the Oscar-nominated Man on Wire last night to great dismay.
I hate/love to be the cynic but it's rather obvious someone simply threw a ton of money at a mediocre idea and this is what resulted. Although thye never mention 9/11 there were at least three shots with planes in very close proximty to the skyline for no apparent reason. Not to mention the misty overlay which looked a bit more like smoke to me moving across the buildings the day he walked between them. The interviews were obviously scripted and overacted. Not to mention over 3/4ths of the footage they showed was simply look-a-like actors with tons of old-footage filters applied to make the footage look original. I've never been too interested in the Oscars, if this wins you can be sure whatever interest I do have will be gone.

These guys got it right:
http://www.avclub.com/articles/man-on-wire,2850/

0 comments: